Pragmatic and purposeful designer with over 35 years of experience delivering elegant solutions to complex problems.
Owner, BrytDigital; Grand Rapids, MI — Nov. 1992—Present
- Developed solution-driven design concepts for print and web.
- Produced multi-page catalogs/brochures, direct mail, outdoor, and various collateral material using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Collaborated with internal and external stakeholders to develop creative strategies for b2c and b2b brands.
- Developed WordPress websites using the Divi Theme Builder & Sketch.
- Built small business marketplaces using WooCommerce and Shopify.
- Instrumental in growing BLiS’ brand from startup to industry leader including collateral and product labeling.
Director, Marian Center; Petoskey, MI — Dec. 2009—Aug. 2017
- Increased donations from $97,000 to $218,000 in seven years.
- Grew yearly Marian Conference from 400 to 600 attendees.
- Fully renovated facility, overseeing groundskeeping crew, adding new shrines, modernizing buildings, etc.
- Cleared trees for proper woodland management.
- Provided historical tours and commentary for visitors.
- Booked pilgrimages to ensure maximum occupancy at the weekend retreat house.
- Organized monthly on-site conferences for up to 50 people.
- Presented monthly P&L and balance sheets to the Board of Directors.
Art Director, O & O Advertising; Grand Rapids, MI — June 1987—Nov. 1992
- Created illustrated creative concepts for client presentations.
- Directed photographers to capture corporate brand images for print publication.
- Managed multi-page collateral, advertisements, outdoor signage, and various print material production.
- Oversaw direct reports to ensure the creative vision was executed correctly.
Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI — A.S. Commercial Art, 1984
Project Planning, Responsive Website Design, Graphic Design, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop, Sketch, WordPress, Divi, Shopify, WooCommerce, Keyword Research, Local Search Engine Optimization, Google Analytics, Camtasia, Quickbooks.
Knights of Columbus
James Hahn, II